The Writer

My photo
Iceland
Had fun alliterating my way through the alphabet, twice. Aspirations to become a writer one day, poems will suffice for the moment.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

X is for Xenobombulate. A-Z Challenge Day 24.

xenobombulate
means:
malinger |məˈliNGgər|
exaggerate or feign illness in order to escape duty or work.

Today will be a little different than normal posts.
Although it is not 'custom' for me to eXpress myself 
here other than in poetry,
I thought today needed just a little more 
eXplanation than any other day.
Today is election day in Iceland, 
so it is truly double X day for me.
And because there are very few (non medical ) X words in the dictionary
I decided to give me a little break and just 
pick words with X as a second letter.
If you think that is outrageous..
well, then you are just gonna have to keep thinking that!
I hope you enjoy todays post.

Icelandic X-Day "We believe in you".
x marks the spot.


Extremely excited, excelling
extravagantly exact.
Exaggerating xeric,
exotic Xebec exiled.
Exalted axion
exposed Xanadu.

-Miss Bates.

10 comments:

  1. You are very talented. Well Done. I went back and read all your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo! Xenobombulate was my X word post!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Bates - two of you with xenobombulate - that's must beat the odds!!

    I hope the election went the way you wanted and voted - I gather it is an interesting time in Iceland, as for all of us ... life is challenging politically and economically ..

    Congratulations on the X choice ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handy way of getting around the seemingly impossible obstacle!

    ReplyDelete




Feel inclined to indulge in words that intrigue.